Historic Preservation Commission
|The Historic Preservation Commission is a seven-member body composed of ACC residents appointed by the Mayor and Commission for three-year terms. The Historic Preservation Commission meets regularly on the third Wednesday of each month at 5:30 PM in the Auditorium at 120 West Dougherty Street to review applications for Certificates of Appropriateness, as well as to deliberate and make recommendations to the Mayor and Commission regarding the protection of historic resources in Athens-Clarke County.
Historic Preservation Webpage
Visit this page for more information about historic preservation and links to ACC Historic Districts and maps.
Mary Cook, Vice Chair
Drew Dekle, Chair
Agendas & Project Information
- Annual Meeting & Deadline Schedule
- Current Agenda
- Past Agendas
- Project List & Location Maps - A list of projects, including location maps, on current and past agendas can be found in the ACC Calendar. To view this information, use the Calendar links at the right (in the grey box) to click on an upcoming meeting, or search for meetings through the main Calendar page. Project information is posted on the date it was heard by the Historic Preservation Commission in the "Historic Preservation Commission Meeting" calendar.
Resources & Applications
- The Historic Preservation Commission is defined in
Athens-Clarke County Code Sec. 8-5-2
- 2016 Annual Report
- By-Laws & Rules of Procedure for the Historic Preservation Commission
- Certificate of Appropriateness Application
- Conceptual Preliminary Design Review Application
- Historic Property Tax Freeze Application
- Demolition & Relocation Review Application
- Application Fees & Submittal Requirements
Sign Up for Notices
- Anyone may sign up to receive periodic e-mails or text messages about projects on Historic Preservation Commission agendas through Athens-Clarke County's Neighborhood Notification Initiative (NNI). Notices are sent monthly, prior to upcoming meetings, and also in the event of a change to an agenda.
- NNI Information & Sign-up Instructions